Aims and curriculum
At Funtazia International Child Care we strive to create a true home away from home environment for parents and children of the international community in and around Rotterdam.
We want to provide quality care in a safe environment where children are loved, respected and cared for, by our qualified and professional teachers. We aim to support and encourage the children’s development in all areas by offering them a wide variety of different activities.
Our curriculum is based on the vision of Reggio Emilia, where children learn through playing, exploring and experiencing. The often-used term "hundred languages of children" in the Reggio Emilia approach, refers to the many ways that children have of expressing themselves. They increase their development skills through the world around them.
To fulfil the needs of all children, we offer them a lot of development-stimulating activities that suit their age level. Starting with the choice of a specific theme or project, our teachers are encouraged to observe, plan and to integrate books, songs and dramatic play.
In this way children are provided different avenues for thinking, revising, constructing, negotiating, developing and symbolically expressing their thoughts and feelings.
Our curriculum focuses on supporting and stimulating the following development areas:
- motor skills: by painting, colouring, building, sensory games, cutting, etc.
- communication skills: expanding the vocabulary by choosing the right words, talking clearly and making short sentences, reading with/to the children, singing, etc.
- Social-emotional skills: by group playing, helping each other, celebrating birthdays/holidays together, showing interest for other people’s feelings/needs, etc.
- Sensory skills: by baking/cooking, outdoor playing with sand and soil, water games, feet painting, etc.
- Cognitive skills: by supporting the development of all above-mentioned areas.