Early childhood teaching is a continuous process of planning, observing and monitoring children. As teachers observe, they learn about the needs of each child and prepare activities, which appropriately challenge each child, addressing their individual needs.
- To organize the classroom and materials to help children make thoughtful decisions.
- To observe and monitor the children.
- To keep records on individual children, including filling out the Daily Report.
- To ensure children maintain healthy personal habits.
- To help children connect experiences to learning.
- To provoke ideas, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- To assist in preparing and serving snacks, nutritious meals and refreshments to children.
- To assist children in their daily care including changing diapers, toilet visits and overall hygiene.